Don't play bass like a guitarist! Learn from a bassist with an intimate knowledge of this instrument. Schedule a lesson today, learn the skills/songs you want, and get the guidance you need to succeed!
Jamming and performing with others is the best way to enjoy music and to improve as a player. Eric can help you learn and perfect the songs you want to play, developing your musical ear and knowledge of theory in the process. Eric takes a holistic approach to the bass, using the instrument as a tool to teach essential musical lessons including music theory, improvisation, and ear training.
- Learn songs of your choice by ear - even difficult ones (we will find ways to interpret the songs so that you can play them!),
- Develop good techniques and practice habits that will help you play your best and avoid pain/injury.
- Study the history of the electric bass and the styles and techniques of great bass players from a variety of genres!
All of the above and...
- Discover "the pocket" and how to lock in with drummers to create a great groove that gets people moving!
- Learn soloing, and improvisation.
- Study advanced techniques like slapping and tapping.
All of the above and...
- Find your weaknesses and work to improve them.
- Learn skills for sessions, rehearsals, and performance like writing shorthand charts and notation.
"Eric is a great bass teacher, who has been teaching me for almost a year now. He is passionate and very knowledgeable about bass guitar. I'd recommend him to anyone looking for a good bass teacher."
- Jack M.
"Eric is an amazing bass teacher. He has great taste in music and he KILLS it on the bass. His funky grooves inspired me to practice for hours everyday. His music taste is very diverse, so if you have a song you want to learn he will probably be able to teach it to you. He also has a very keen ear and will teach you the skills you need to develop your ear so that you can jam. If you want to rock at bass, definitely call Eric."
- Kelli J.
Eric teaches out of his home studio in the Seattle neighborhood of Olympic Hills (near Lake City). He also offers lessons in the comfort of your own home and via online chat.
To book a lesson, contact Eric directly using the contact page, or the "book a lesson" button. You can also find Eric on Takelessons.com where he is a certified instructor.
Ask about the First-Lesson Discount!